Episode 04: Informatics: Data & Decision-Making in Healthcare
How much of your healthcare can you trust to a computer?
Turns out, it’s probably more than you think.
Health informatics play a critical role in everything from diagnosis to decision-making.
In this episode, I chat with Dr. Stanley Huff, Chief Medical Informatics Officer at Intermountain Healthcare and Clinical Professor at University of Utah in the Department of Biomedical Informatics, about the past, present, and future of informatics in healthcare.
What we talked about:
- The history of computers in medicine
- How informatics can help diagnose disease
- How to harness data effectively to support better healthcare outcomes
- The role of informatics in reducing medical error through advanced decision-support
- How pandemics like COVID-19 underscore the need for more efficient data sharing