Episode 13: COVID-19's Impact on Under-Resourced Communities
Bridging healthcare gaps in underserved communities comes with unique challenges, including socio-economic misalignment. In today’s episode, Rashard Johnson, President at Advocate Aurora Health and I unpack what this means and how they are addressing on the southside of Chicago.
- Experiencing and responding to the pandemic at Advocate Aurora Health
- Awareness and protection of mental health among team members
- The impact of George Floyd’s death on healthcare teams
- Accommodating and embracing difficult conversations
- Why underserved and black communities are at greater risk of succumbing to COVID-19
- Pros and cons of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout
Heroes of Healthcare is hosted by Ted Weyn. To hear this interview and more like it, subscribe to Heroes of Healthcare on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.