Episode 23 part 2: Cycle of Patient Care During a COVID Surge
COVID causes tremendous downstream impact within a healthcare system.
It means that healthcare professionals are working 24/7 to care for all the patients who come in. It means that treatment of other patients — for example, those who are chronically ill or who need to get a CT scan — gets pushed back so that COVID patients can be treated.
In short, the effects of the COVID pandemic go way beyond COVID-infected patients.
In part 2 of this 2-part series, we continue our panel discussion with six distinguished physicians from Memorial Healthcare System.
Our panel includes:
- Dr. Marc Napp – Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Randy Katz – Medical Director, Emergency Services, Memorial Regional Hospital
- Dr. Jose Fernandez-Duarte – Medical Director, TeamHealth Hospitalists
- Dr. Ari Sareli – Chief, Critical Care Medicine, Chief Physician Executive, Memorial Physician Group
- Dr. Paula Eckardt – Chief, Memorial Division of Infectious Disease
- Dr. Tammy Tucker – PsyD (Behavioral Health)
- The delta variant
- Whether FDA approval will improve vaccination rates
- How to protect unvaccinated children
To hear this interview and more like it, subscribe to Heroes of Healthcare on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Heroes of Healthcare in your favorite podcast player.