Episode 22: Focusing on Positivity & Optimism in Challenging Times
Medical staff have been put through the ringer over the last year. Hospital systems have experienced economic challenges, a reduction in workforce, and of course, the continuing challenges related to COVID.
With all that is going on, keeping morale high might seem like a gargantuan task.
In this episode, Jordan Voigt, President, Genesis Medical Center – Davenport, talks about how his team instituted an initiative around positivity and optimism, and how it resulted in improved levels of happiness, despite these challenging times.
- Investing in the personal happiness of medical center staff
- How a focus on optimism influenced the center during COVID
- Strategies for recruitment and retention
- The challenges of vaccine mandates
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- Orange Frog Organizations
To hear this interview and more like it, subscribe to Heroes of Healthcare on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Heroes of Healthcare in your favorite podcast player.