Episode 15: Mental Health: Treating Trauma and PTSD in Veterans
Psychiatry is about as damning a pathology as you can imagine. You’re dealing with patients suffering from depression, anxiety, and PTSD brought on by unthinkable trauma.
But for Dr. Michael Massa, it’s a calling that brings immense fulfillment. Dr. Massa has treated veterans and the underserved around the world enabling them to live their lives to the fullest. In this episode, I talk with him about:
- Finding fulfillment and purpose in medicine
- Getting knighted by the Vatican and working in a Catholic convent in Jordan
- Treating veterans with the Wounded Warrior Project
- Approaching treatments for patients with PTSD
- The psychological trauma of COVID-19
Heroes of Healthcare is hosted by Ted Weyn.
To hear this interview and more like it, subscribe to Heroes of Healthcare on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Heroes of Healthcare in your favorite podcast player.