Episode 13: COVID-19's Impact on Under-Resourced Communities
Bridging healthcare gaps in underserved communities comes with unique challenges, including socio-economic misalignment. In today’s episode, Rashard Johnson, President at Advocate Aurora Health and I unpack what this means and how they are addressing on the southside of Chicago.
- Experiencing and responding to the pandemic at Advocate Aurora Health
- Awareness and protection of mental health among team members
- The impact of George Floyd’s death on healthcare teams
- Accommodating and embracing difficult conversations
- Why underserved and black communities are at greater risk of succumbing to COVID-19
- Pros and cons of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout